Name of Public Authority:
Upper Mohawk Valley Regional Water Board
Public Authority's Mission Statement:
To be a company of excellence, providing water of superior quality and outstanding
October 25, 2004
List of Performance Goals:
- To achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction in everything we do.
- To optimize the use of our financial resources.
- Through science, technology, and engineering, to provide our customers with a safe, secure and dependable supply of high quality water.
- To develop a professional work force and a safe work environment for our employees.
- Have the board members acknowledged that they have read and understood the mission of the public authority?
- Who has the power to appoint the management of the public authority?
- The Water Authority Board
- If the Board appoints management, do you have a policy you follow when appointing the management of the public authority?
- Briefly describe the role of the Board and the role of management in the implementation of the mission.
- The role of the Board is to set the strategic direction to guide and direct the activities of the Water Authority; ensure the effective management of the Water Authority and its activities; and to monitor the activities of the Water Authority to ensure it is keeping within its mission.
The role of Management is to implement the Water Authority's policies and strategy; to move the Water Authority towards its purpose by assigning activities to fulfill its goals; and ensures that all the activities are designed effectively so that the Water Authority will attain its mission.
- Has the Board acknowledged that they have read and understood the responses to each of these questions?